Tuesday 29 April 2008

Joining the development circle at my local spiritualist church

I have joined a development circle.This is one way of developing my gift, if I have one. It is a closed group. I had no idea what to expect. I had rang a number of local churches, and most of their circles were full, some wanted to interview me before joining, or needed a recommendation from a group member. My local spiritualist church had some spaces, and I went for a brief chat with the group leader.

I thought I was just going for an interview, and then he would make a decision. But I was asked to come into the group, told the ground rules, and sat in. An interesting experience.

The group started off with a brief talk from the leader, followed by hymns and a prayer, and then a period of a long,long silence where everyone went into a meditation. At the end of the meditation, each group member would share with the group what they had seen in the meditation.

The group leader interpreted the message for the group if a member was unsure of the meaning.

I noticed some of the group members had messages for each other, including myself. I didn't have messages for anyone, but some images came into my mind, during the long, long, long silence, which the group leader interpreted for me. A name popped into my head at the start of the group which I shared, and apparently more than one group member could take the name.

No comments: