Thursday 22 May 2008

Gordon Smith Life Changing Messages workshop

I went to the Mind body spirit festival on Wednesday, and attended a Life changing Messages workshop with Gordon Smith.

I have heard so much about Gordon Smith and read two of his books, so it was great to see him in action, for the first time. I was not feeling well yesterday, and was praying that I would recover in time for the workshop. It was packed as I expected, he definitely has a following. I sat next to a number of women, who attend every event that he has going.

As Gordon walked into the room, I was struck by how young and fresh faced he looked. My sense of him was that he is grounded, down to earth, warm, has strong opinions, and does not suffer fools.

He has strong opinions on mental illness which I don't share, and he stated that mental illness was non existent before psychiatrists came onto the scene. I am aware that he is entitled to his opinion, but do not subscribe to this view. I have a number of friends and colleagues who have family members who are in the mental health system, and am aware of the suffering they have endured, and how the system has helped them survive.

Gordon started the workshop by talking about his work, experiences, and background. He then did a demonstration of clairvoyance, and then took some questions and answers.

There are a number of things that I am taking away with me from the workshop.

Gordon said that he learned from Miss Primrose(his tutor), that mediumship was about helping others. He mentioned that there was a time for healing.

He gave some tips on how to develop.


  1. He said that it was important to sit and be patient in developing circles, and let spirit develop you.

  2. That you need to let spirit overshadow you and link to you in the circle.


  3. That it was not important to focus on giving messages in circles, but learn to sit with spirit.

He saw the importance of mediumship as taking dark energy and turning it into light. That it was about wanting to heal people.


I could identify with Gordon when he talked about mediums who start by asking the audience questions at the start of a demonstration. He felt that mediums who worked in this way didn't trust spirit, and were an insult to what mediums do.


He pointed out that mediums can get things wrong, and we need to remember they can only describe what they are getting. In fact Gordon got a name wrong, and was corrected by the recipient of the message.


Gordon comes across as a man with lots of positive energy, and incorporated a lot of humour in the workshop, and was engaging. He has a presentation style that kept the audience engaged for the entire four hours of the workshop.


I had no idea he was going to do a demonstration, so it was good to see. I didn't get a message, but didn't go there expecting one.


I had all his books in my bag, which he kindly signed at the Hayhouse stall at the end of the workshop.


I think anyone who is able to attend any of his workshops or seminars will learn a lot from him, as he has valuable experiences and vast knowledge to share.

No comments: